The overall objective of PROMETH2O is to develop and improve trace water measurements relevant to the production of pure gases and to demonstrate their impact in selected industrial processes and applications.
Five specific objectives
- To improve trace water measurement methods in the amount fraction range between 5 parts in 106 (5 ppm) and 5 parts in 109 (5 ppb) with relative standard uncertainty between 3 % and 8 %, from upper to lower range, respectively.
- To provide robust traceability to trace water measurements by developing suitable primary standards for the amount fraction range from 5 ppm to 5 ppb (or -65 °C to -105 °C frost point temperature) with relative standard uncertainty less than 3 % to 8 %, in selected gas matrices of air, N2, Ar and H2 at pressures up to 1 MPa.
- To improve the present knowledge of thermophysical data of real humid gas mixtures, in particular the water vapour enhancement in N2 and Ar in the frost-point temperature range from -30 °C to -90 °C and at pressures from 0.1 MPa to above 1 MPa.
- To demonstrate improved trace water measurement methods between 5 ppm and 5 ppb in two industrially-relevant facilities.
- To facilitate the take up of the technology and measurement infrastructure developed in the project by the measurement supply chain, standards developing organisations (CIPM, IAPWS, JCS) and end users (instrument manufacturers, gas providers).